Sunday, April 18, 2010

When I Flooded Camp

I've only had one actual Dream Journal and unfortunately there are only 5 dreams in it, because I got irritated when the bewilderingly perforated pages kept falling out. Yesterday I found it collecting dust in the back of my closet, and this is my favorite entry, dated March 22, 2003:

First, I was at a play where Alan Rickman was signing autographs. I got one, but my dog ate it. Then I was at some kind of summer camp. It was all very flat and in the center was a hill with a main house, which was a very tall, multi-level, pagoda-like structure. Each level had a wrap-around balcony.

When I got to camp, I found that Alan Rickman was my counselor, and he was very upset because he had to share a tent with 6 other counselors. He was also angry because the new main camp house had been built directly over a freshwater spring that had been there when he was a camper. He showed me two spigots under the building, a red one and a black one. He turned the handle of the black spigot, and nothing happened. Then he turned the handle of the red one and a little burbling spring rose out of the ground (not out of the spigot). When he turned it off the water disappeared.

I went back later and, intending to help him, I turned on both spigots. Water started spurting out. Cabins began to flood, but I couldn't turn off the red spigot. We all had to go to the balcony of the camp house and watch as camp disappeared underwater. The camp director was very upset--somehow he knew I was the culprit. Then I had to walk around school and apologize to everyone for flooding summer camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment