Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Heist

The beginning is hazy, but the first thing I remember is my friend trying to get a contract to steal something extra from a place he was already supposed to rob. The original contract was to steal only one item from a bar/gaming parlor, and this was his first contract of the sort, but he was already making side deals. Later, I was inside the bar having a beer and scouting out the place. A taller me came out of another room with a pool cue and told me to get up. I was surprised to find that I was almost too drunk to walk. Taller me grabbed me by the arm and led me into the other room where he watched me line up pool shots on one of those side tables that are kind of high up at bars. The pool balls could have been in a giant ash tray. I felt really bad about being drunk and how it was effecting my motor skills. Later I was distracted by a sort of ghetto fellow who did not speak very clearly. He told me he wrote on his resume that he does not drink alcohol due to the fact that he took amphetamines (which he mispronounced badly) at the age of fourteen and mumbled something about his father. I was going to tell him that he doesn't have to not drink and he definitely shouldn't put it on his resume, but I was overcome with tiredness. I found myself in a bed, very big and thick, but also shaped like a couch. I was woken up by a girl skipping in slow motion calling my name. She rolled me off the couch and I landed on my back. With huge, flowing, pillowy sheets surrounding me, she dives in and starts kissing me upside down so that her chin touches my nose. She kept asking "Who is your special friend? Am I your special friend?" For some reason I could not grab her. She leaves and taller me comes in and tells me I've botched the robbery, even though the friend I set this up with didn't even show up. He was very upset that I allowed lust to override my previous engagements. Later in the dream, I saw a bunch of people standing behind a high wall so only their heads were showing. They would stare at each other and then turn to me with clockwork regularity. I stole a pack of cigarettes from a pair of pants lying on a nearby bed, but returned it to the owner.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you and Natalie so vividly remember your dreams.

    ReplyDelete